Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GO FEET! Radio # 181 It’s A Rockabilly Jamboree!!



So heres something new from GO FEET! Radio, its a Rockabilly Jamboree, YEAAAAH BAAAABY!

I’ve been a lover of Rockabilly music longer than I’ve been a fan of ska nd reggae. Thanks to my Dad who played records on a small player I came to hear some scorchin’ Rock n’ Roll, Jazz n’ Blues, and of course some Rockabilly. I’ve selected some great cuts from well known artists of yesteryear as well as some of my favorite artists on the scene today. And to end this episode theres a punk rockin’ tribute to my all-time favorite modern Rockabilly band, The Stray Cats, from some great punk bands. I’ve also thrown in some public health notices from a *comic. This is GO FEET! music – its hip, its cool, its a Rockabilly Jamboree! Enjoy!

Epiosde 181, 14 March 2012

1. Brian Setzer – Be Bop A Lula
2. The Brian Setzer Orchestra – Stray Cat Strut / You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch
3. Ray Campi – Rockabilly Music

Rockabilly singer Ray Campi plays the Jade Room (Courtesy of Jurgen Koop)

4. Gene Vincent – Hey, Hey, Hey
5. Rosie Flores – You Tear Me Up
6. Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys – I Can’t Believe I’m Saying This To You
7. Billy Lee Riley – The Little Green Men
8. Deke Dickerson – Hot Rodders Lament


9. Elvis Presley – My Baby Left Me
10. Lee Cole – Cool Baby
11. Sonny Burgess – Flattop Joint
12. Barry Ryan – And God Said Let There Be Rockabilly


13. Brian Setzer – Pickpocket
14. Fiona Boyes – Rockabilly On My Radio
15. Skabilly Rebels with Roddy ‘Radiation’ Byers – This Cat Needs A Kitten

Roddy “Radiation” Byers, known originally for his role as The Specials’ lead guitarist, has now stepped into the spotlight with his own band, The Skabilly Rebels, known for its distinct mix of ska rhythms with rockabilly.

16. Lee Rocker – Wild Child
17. Imelda May – Tainted Love
18. Kitty Daisy and Lewis – Swinging Hawaii


19. G-String – Somethings Wrong With My Radio
20. Mad Marge and The Stonecutters – Fishnet Stockings
21. Thee Merry Widows – (He’s) Sexy and 17

Download by right clicking link and selecting ‘save target as …’ MP3


* The public health notices are simply comical forms of what Robin Willams does well, listener discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment