Friday, January 11, 2019

#534 :: Top Ten Releases of 2018 (9 January 2019)

 Anyone that knows me knows that I dig ska, rocksteady and reggae. From the first time I heard One Step Beyond by Madness, and Rudy, A Message To You by the Specials, there was no turning back. In fact, I went looking for records or cassettes that had any connection to this infectious beat. What I've enjoyed since then (the 1980s) is how this music has evolved. Here's ten tunes from some of my favorite releases of 2018. There's many others I enjoyed too so I may have to do another show to feature them. A huge thank you goes out to all the artists, bands, and distributors that sent me music. And to the local and international community of fans that has shown support for GO FEET! Radio, thanks heaps! ~ Nate Ness Monster
Tracklist
The Oldians (We Are Reggae) - We Are Reggae
The Delirians (El Remedio) - El Remedio
Jr Thomas and The Volcanos (Rockstone) - What A Shame
Smokin' Fuzz (Revival) - Answer
AceTones (More Ace!) - Rolling Like a Trojan
Hugo Lobo feat. Hepcat (Neigbourhood Rules) - Rest Yourself 
Two Tone Club (Don't Look Back) - One in a Millionany record that 
Capone and the Bullets (This Is Fusion) - Good Times
Exile Di Brave (Reality Chant Productions) - Equally
The Specials - Vote For Me

And here's a special mention of two compilations that came out in 2018 that I highly recommend if you're wanting to get a taste for modern ska, rocksteady and reggae.




No comments:

Post a Comment